Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Whirlwind Year! Talking a TON about Parental Engagement!!!

I've read often about how bloggers start with a whirlwind of activity, only to then drift off...

I just wanted to let my friends following me know that it has been the opposite. I've desperately wanted to return to blogging  consistently, but things have been BANANAS (but in a good way...not the kind of bananas that got too ripe are now only good for banana bread). I just wanted to fill you in before I got back in the saddle with what will hopefully be great content on the blog for you to use and enjoy.



I've been so humbled and honored by recent opportunities. First I was able to do a radio interview regarding parent involvement on Atlanta's first Spanish language radio station. Then came a tv spot on Telemundo Atlanta on the first day of school this year.

If that wasn't enough, I got a chance to take part in a TV education series on Univision a few weeks later, and NOW I've been asked to participate in town hall meeting on Univision, sharing my passion about parental involvement, as one of about five experts on various fields related to education from around the state!!! 

This has been an amazing year and I'm so glad for every chance I've gotten to reach out to even more parents! I'm waiting on your call CNN...you're just down the road and I've got some open spots left on my schedule. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment