Monday, April 1, 2013

Discover YOUR Personality Type! Get to Know Yourself Better!


Just how well do you know yourself or your kids? It may sound odd, but there is always more to know. This post is by request (yes I do requests). I was speaking to a friend earlier today. She is getting ready to graduate high school and she told me something I've heard hundreds of times from kids (and adults) when they ponder higher education...
"I don't know what I want to do with my life!"
...to which I responded
"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!"

Her statement inspired me to share a little about Personality Types (your gonna love them), which are based upon the theoretical works of Carl G. Jung, a pioneer in psychology. If you take a few minutes to take this Jung style (no relation to Gangnam Style) personality test, you'll be amazed at what you can discover about yourself. What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses? What career suits me best? What career should I avoid at all costs? Relationships, friendships, career path, parenting....it's as if you are reading an incredibly accurate horoscope, or a biography about yourself.

Now, there are many free ones available on the internet (if a site says to pay, you must stay away), but the one I posted below was incredibly short (4 questions), straight to the point, and best of all, FREE! You can do an internet search and find many others, but the results from this one were just as accurate (I've taken a ton of these). Just to stretch out the fun, once you have your personality type, do an internet search for that particular type and you will come across a ton of websites that go into endless detail. If you don't want to search, just click here. You can even learn about famous people that shared your personality type. I'm an ENFJ just like Sean Connery, Abraham Lincoln (Vampire Hunter...I couldn't resist), and King David...pretty cool eh?

So NO excuses! Find our what your personality type is! Out of the 8 suggestions it gave me, I've worked in 6 of the fields and loved every minute. Figure out what YOUR dream job just might be! =)
Jung Personality Test (short and sweet)


EXTRA FUN for PARENTS:
If you have small children, I am linking a Jung Personality Test for Kids. You answer the questions for them (sorry...way more than 4), but I found this extremely helpful. It gave me a ton of additional insight into my own children, including ways that they learn best. In fact, it really made me reflect on how we offer our oldest son feedback. Our youngest kids are tough as nails (seriously, they chew up nails and spit out quarters...true story), but my son Lawson has a real gentle soul. These test results offered some simple suggestions to convey our needed corrections, without having him perceive himself to be buried in criticism. Try it out. There is nothing more powerful than an empowered parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment