Sunday, April 7, 2013

How to Become a MEDIOCRE TEACHER in Ten Easy Steps!!!



Are you tired of doing your best? Is the satisfaction you gain from your effort to be a good, or even great teacher, weighing down? This was a great article I read on Teachthought.com that I shared with a few teacher friends a bit ago. I was reminded of it today, by my friend Mike Monroe, so I thought why not share it here with you.

You may be thinking "Angel, I'm not a teacher. I have other areas of mediocrity to focus on."
Stop selling yourself short! Aim high...errr....I mean LOW! These lowered expectations are within your reach! Educators aren't the only teachers. Please remember that as a parent you are your child's FIRST and most INFLUENTIAL teacher (this part is absolutely true BTW...the rest is meant for giggles, but this statement is the truth)!

So, if you are looking to take it to the next level and waste every possible learning opportunity, enjoy this simple and short guide on how to be as unproductive as possible!

How To Be A Mediocre Teacher!!!

Just to state again, you truly are your child's first and most influential teacher. I hope this guide helps illustrate that we do sometimes innadvertently work against our best intentions (nobody really wants to be mediocre...do they?). With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I hope you get a kick out of this article and it helps you avoid many of these pitfalls. =)



pic courtesy of Peter Huys via creative commons http://www.flickr.com/photos/darksidex/224456132/

No comments:

Post a Comment